Learn about the three user types that PlanRadar offers and what they are used for.
This will help you to choose the right user type when you create or invite users.
PlanRadar allows you to invite an unlimited number of subcontractors and watchers for free. You only pay for in-house users.
In-house users have no limitations and their permissions within a project can be fully customised. In-house users require a paid license.
The account owner is a special kind of in-house user. He always has all user rights and is the only user who can change the subscription plan and view invoices. It is not possible to transfer these special permissions to another user without contacting the PlanRadar Support.
The subcontractor user type is meant for those users that don't need to create tickets. Subcontractors don't require a paid license and are therefore free to use.
They only get tickets assigned to work on them and resolve them. Therefore they only see tickets that got assigned to them. They cannot set a ticket's status to Closed, but only to Resolved. Only in-house users can check all resolved tickets and close them if everything is done.
Subcontractors are also allowed to create project reports, but cannot see project reports created by others.
- They do not have access to other features like Schedule or Document Management (except to legacy Documents by Layers and Approval Requests).
- The user and role permissions for subcontractors cannot be changed.
- In forms you can configure field permissions for subcontractors.
Read more in Field Permissions. (not yet done)
The watcher user type is meant for those users that just want to see what is going on in a project and are not actively collaborating in the project. Therefore, they cannot make any changes. Watchers don't require a paid license and are therefore free to use.
- They can view all tickets, all project reports and all documents.
- They cannot view statistics.
- The permissions for watchers cannot be changed.